Getting your family photos done shouldn't be difficult.
Ok, let me rephrase: When you have young kiddos, getting your family dressed and ready for photos is already hard enough—there are so many moving parts in a family photo session. You're already a hero for making the herculean effort to preserve these important moments with your family; so let me take some of the strain off of you!
Arranging a session, invoicing, choosing outfits, booking—I make it all easy and painless. I even give you a family session prep guide PDF so you know what to expect before, during, and after the session. Keep reading to see a breakdown of what my process looks like!
1. first contact
- After you fill out my inquiry form, I respond within 24 hours via email and text and let you know I received your inquiry (yay!!).
- Next, we'll connect via email or phone and discuss the session date, time, and your vision. We'll choose a location together from my list of favorite spots—and I'll send you some of my previous galleries so you can visualize each location.
- For in-home sessions, we'll discuss natural light and analyze some pictures of your favorite rooms to determine which will give us the best results!
- Once we've addressed any questions you may have, if you're ready to move forward, I'll email you the booking documents to look over at your own pace.
2. the booking process
- You'll receive the email that will take you straight to my booking software, Pixieset. The system will prompt you to read & sign the contract, and pay the deposit for the session.
- At this time, I also collect crucial details like everyone's names, personality notes, what you all love, and other tidbits that help me to truly capture the essence of your family on camera!
- As soon as I receive the completed documents, I'll email you my welcome guide, which goes over all the specifics of how the session will work and prepares you with helpful guidance like what to wear and other pro tips.
- Then I get to work packing up a welcome gift for you!
3. the session
- The day before the session, I touch base to answer any last minute questions, and confirm that the weather will be in our favor (we are in Texas, after all).
- Once we arrive on location, we get to know each other a bit and get started! You're not in for a rigid, forced portrait experience here. My style is a mix of loosely posed + candid photography. We're going to have some fun!
- Try to let go of your expectations. Wiggly kids? Windy day? Wrinkles in your shirt? Let's embrace the imperfection. My goal is to help you relax and just BE with your loved ones. That's when we get the best photos!
During the session, all I ask is for you to relax & be truly present to each other. I'll take care of everything else.
A 45-minute photo session for couples or maternity. Includes 30 photos delivered via online gallery and print release.
$350 (plus tax)
A 60-minute photo session for families or large groups. Includes 50+ photos delivered via online gallery and print release.
$400 (plus tax)
90-minute session in the comfort of your home for newborns and families. Includes 70+ photos delivered via online gallery and print release.
$500 (plus tax)
Do you do weddings?
I take on a very small number of local Dallas weddings each year. If you're getting married and would like to see my wedding packages, feel free to inquire on my contact page!
I don't see the type of session I'm looking for in your pricing menu. Does that mean you don't offer it?
Above I've included the types of sessions I specialize in, but that doesn't mean I'm not wiling to take on different types of sessions! If you're looking for engagement, events, anniversary, or another type of session, don't be afraid to reach out! If I can't do it, I can help you find a photographer who can!
Do you travel outside of the DFW area?
At this time, I'm focused primarily on serving clients within the DFW metroplex area; however, I do frequently visit Miami, FL, and Austin, TX. If you're interested in a session in either of those areas, please feel free to contact me!
If we are running late or need more time, can I extend the session on the day of?
If possible, I like to have the duration of the sessions agreed upon at least one week before the session date; but, life happens! I'm happy to try to accommodate if something comes up and we need to adjust the session duration. Keep in mind that towards the end of the day, the amount of sunlight remaining will likely determine whether we can extend the session or not.
What kind of gear do you use?
Much of the industry is trending towards mirrorless cameras, but I'm still in love with full-frame DSLRs! The 5D MK IV, to be exact. In terms of lenses, I use Canon prime lenses almost exclusively.
What should I wear for my photo session?
Please see my downloadable family photo session guide above! Need more ideas? I'm happy to help! Let's Facetime, and I can help you choose outfits.
Do you have a client closet I can borrow outfits from?
I am in the process of building a great client wardrobe for clients to rent from as part of my built-in styling service. Stay tuned for more details!
Do I have to order prints through you?
You can if you'd like; your online gallery will have functionality to purchase prints right from your gallery! However, you're free to download your digital files and have them printed elsewhere if you'd prefer!
What if the weather is bad for my outdoor photo session?
Some cloud cover is usually fine, but if a weather alert is in affect or if it's raining / thundering, we may decide it's best to reschedule. I'll always offer another session date at no extra cost to you!
How will I receive the photos?
For a standard photo session, you'll receive a link to an online gallery of your photos in .jpg format. From here, you can view and download the digital files of your photos, or order prints! For weddings, you will receive an online gallery as well as a USB stick with your photos, so you can access them even without an internet connection.
How fast is your turnaround time?
For a standard family photo session, my turnaround time is 3-4 weeks, though I'll give you some sneak peeks within a week!
Can I bring a pet to my session?
For outdoor sessions, the answer is almost always yes!! Just give me a heads-up beforehand so I can check for any pet-related regulations at the location first. If you've booked a studio session with me, please note that most studio locations prohibit animals.
Can you Photoshop me to look skinnier?
My editing process includes color grading, cropping, and basic background cleanup. I will never Photoshop your physical appearance aside from small blemishes or flyaway hairs. If you decide your photo needs more adjustment, I can connect you with a retouching specialist who can do more extensive Photoshop jobs for a reasonable cost.